Thursday, February 4, 2010

A hard spot in the road

Everything is proceeding smoothly. Potential planters express sincere interest and proceed through the process of assessment of their gifts and potential. I always like to think that nothing matters but passion and a willingness to lay down your life, but I know there is more to it than that. There are so many books I've read and so many conferences I've attended and so many experts I've talked to. There is so much to learn. I hear the questions of the would be planters and remember when I first asked those questions. It is hard not to become the answer man. It is hard to let them wrestle and come to their own answers. And I'm always learning, too. It is powerful to taste their enthusiasm and see the desire God keeps building in their lives. Then, of course, we get news that one of the funding streams may be dry. Is this a test or a no? It is one of the first hard spots in the road. I'm begging God to show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment